Skilled Worker Intra Company Transfer Visa

Skilled Worker Intra Company Transfer Visa

You will need a Intra Company Transfer Visa if you are a skilled employee of a multinational company and about to be transferred to the UK.

There are two types of visas: for long term staff and graduate trainees.

To qualify, you must have the following:

  • certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor.
  • need to earn a certain amount of money, have savings and pay a fee.


You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work and you should get a decision within 3 weeks.

The maximum stay on an Intra Company Transfer visa depends on the one you apply for and the range is between 12 months and 9 years. You can apply for an extension.

There are certain things you can and cannot do with these visas.

  • You are allowed to do a second job in the same profession and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week and do voluntary work.
  • You can study as long as it doesn’t interfere with your job; you can travel abroad and return to the UK and bring family members with you.

Our specialist immigration lawyers will be able to advise and guide you through the complex evidence that is required for this visa. We will be with you every step of the way.

Contact Taylor Hampton

We are here to help, please fill in your details below and our solicitors will contact you shortly::

Taylor Hampton will only process your personal data in relation to this specific enquiry.