Family (Fiancé Proposed Civil Partner) Visa

Family (Fiancé Proposed Civil Partner) Visa

You will need a ‘Family of a Settled Person’ visa if you intend to marry or enter a civil partnership in the UK unless you are an EEA citizen or a Swiss national.

Your (family member) fiancé or proposed civil partner can:

  • be a British citizen
  • have settled in the UK
  • have asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK

In order to get this visa, you must prove that you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving here. In addition, you must prove that:

  • you intend to live together permanently;
  • you are both be over the age of 18;
  • you speak and understand English to a minimum level; and
  • you can both support and house yourselves.

You won’t be able to work during your engagement.

If you need guidance on immigration law, contact our experienced immigration solicitors today on: 020 7427 5970 or [email protected]

You will usually get a decision on your visa within 12 weeks of applying. A fee is required and you may have to pay a healthcare surcharge. Your initial stay will be 6 months but you may be able to extend your visa and settle in the UK permanently.

Many people applying for this type of visa are turned down so please contact our specialist immigration lawyers who will be able to advise and guide you through the complex evidence that is required. We will be with you every step of the way.

Contact Taylor Hampton

We are here to help, please fill in your details below and our solicitors will contact you shortly::

Taylor Hampton will only process your personal data in relation to this specific enquiry.