Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa

Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa

A Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa is available if you are an elite sportsperson or qualified coach who is likely to make a significant contribution to the development of their sport in this country.

If you or your eligible family member started living in the UK before 1 January 2021, you may be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Otherwise you will need a visa to work in the UK.

In order to qualify for this visa, you will also have to show that your sport’s governing body has endorsed your application; you have a certificate of sponsorship and a certain amount of savings. You may also have to demonstrate a knowledge of the English language.

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you’re due to start work and you should get a decision within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK. The visa will allow you stay for up to 3 years but you can extend it for a further 3 years.

There are certain things you can and cannot do with this visa. You are allowed to do a second job; play for your national team in the UK; work as a sports broadcaster; do voluntary work; study as long as it doesn’t interfere with your job; travel abroad and return to the UK and bring family members with you.

You will not be allowed to access public funds; start or run a business or apply for a second job until you’ve started working for your sponsor.

Our specialist immigration lawyers will be able to advise and guide you through the complex evidence that is required for this visa. We will be with you every step of the way.

Contact Taylor Hampton

We are here to help, please fill in your details below and our solicitors will contact you shortly::

Taylor Hampton will only process your personal data in relation to this specific enquiry.