Family (Unmarried Partner) Visa

Family (Unmarried Partner) Visa

If you want to join your partner in the UK and you are not a citizen of either the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you will need a ‘Family of a Settled Person’ visa.

First, you will need to show that your partner is:

  • a British citizen
  • has settled in the UK
  • has asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK

You must then meet the eligibility requirements and prove that you and your partner are 18 or over and in a genuine partnership. You will also have to meet the financial requirements for yourself and for any child or children that you have. Out immigration experts will be able to tell you exactly how much that is.

To qualify for this visa, you must also prove:

  • you have been living together in a relationship for 2 years. You will need documentary evidence to show your relationship is genuine and ongoing.
  • you intend to continue living with your partner in the UK after you apply
  • you and your partner and any children will have an adequate place to live in the UK
  • you have a good knowledge of English

Your UK partner visa application might be refused if, for example, you have got a criminal record or provided false or incomplete information to the Home Office.

Our UK immigration solicitor will handle the partner visa application process for you from start to finish. We will advise on your visa eligibility, costs associated with the application, required documentation to make your case strong and successful.

Contact our experienced  UK immigration solicitors today on: 020 7427 5970 or send us an email at: [email protected].

Partner visa applicants generally receive a decision on the visa within 12 weeks of applying. A fee is required and you may have to pay a healthcare surcharge. There is an option to apply for expediated processing times.

The UK partner visa allows you to work or study in the UK but you will not have access to any public funds. Your initial stay will be 33 months and, depending on your future circumstances, you will be able to extend your visa and settle in the UK permanently.

Many people applying for UK partner visa are refused so please contact our specialist immigration lawyers who will be able to advise and guide you through the complex partner visa application process.

Our UK immigration solicitor will handle the application for you from start to finish. We will advise on your UK partner visa eligibility, costs associated with the application, required documentation and we will ensure your case is strong and stands good chances of success. We have been handling UK Immigration matters for many years and we have solid experience in working with the Home Office on various immigration applications for our clients.

Contact Taylor Hampton

We are here to help, please fill in your details below and our solicitors will contact you shortly::

Taylor Hampton will only process your personal data in relation to this specific enquiry.