Residential Landlord & Tenant

Residential Landlord & Tenant

Our Landlord and Tenant solicitors are experts in all matters relating to residential property, having practiced for over 30 years.

Our solicitors have great experience in acting for landlords, and their managing or letting agents, as well as tenants. We also act in relation to many blocks of flats, advising on block management.

We act for both professional landlords, and individuals who have properties to let.
For those who want help with short-term lettings, we can advise on and draft tenancy agreements and take action against tenants who are in breach of the terms of their tenancy, including repossession.

We can ensure that landlords get vacant possession at the end of the tenancy, by giving notice and issuing proceedings against a tenant who refuses to vacate. We can also deal with any disputes with letting agents.

For long leases, we act on behalf of landlords to recover and collect unpaid service charges and ground rent and enforce the terms of the lease. We can also deal with any requests from tenants over issues such as subletting or carrying out alterations and drafting any necessary licences.

We can advise and prepare compulsory legislative notices for landlords, including: collecting service charges and ground rent; contemplation of proposed work in the building to be recovered through the service charge and before the sale of the head lease or freehold.

We also advise and act for tenants in short term agreements, as well as long term leases.  For tenants who have a short tenancy agreement, we can make sure the landlord carries out his obligations, including any necessary repairs to the property. If the landlord refuses, we can take action.

For tenants on long-term leases, we can challenge service charges and tackle bad landlords who fail to maintain the building. We can also help tenants to apply for the landlords consent to carry out alterations or sublet the property.

We can help tenants who want lease extensions or who, as a group, want to take over the management of their block. We can also advise tenants who want to collectively purchase the freehold of their building.


If you are a residential landlord or tenant and you want advice and assistance with any of these issues, contact our experts on 0207 427 5970 or [email protected]