Skilled Worker Visa

Skilled Worker Visa

The Skilled Worker Visa has replaced Tier 2 (General) Visa.

To obtain this visa you need a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor before you can apply to do a job that is on the list of eligible occupations and be paid a minimum salary. How much depends on the type of work you do.

You can apply for a Skilled Worker Visa up to 3 months before the day you’re due to start work in the UK. And then, you should get a decision within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.

To qualify for this visa you will need to satisfy the following:

  • prove you can speak English in order to qualify for this visa
  • pay a visa fee and a health surcharge fee
  • depending which country you are from do a TB test.


If you are granted a Skilled Worker Visa, you can work in the UK for a period of up to 5 years and apply for as many extensions as you wish. This is provided you still meet eligibility requirements. After 5 years you may apply for settlement (ILR).

Our specialist immigration lawyers will be able to advise and guide you through the complex evidence that is required for this visa. We will be with you every step of the way.

Contact Taylor Hampton

We are here to help, please fill in your details below and our solicitors will contact you shortly::

Taylor Hampton will only process your personal data in relation to this specific enquiry.