Taylor Hampton

Frontier Worker Visa – Who Is the Visa For?

By 18th October 2021 No Comments

What is the Frontier Worker visa?

We have recently come across many businesses who have employees residing in another EU Country and who work in the UK

Companies that wish to continue to employ EU employees can now employ them on the  Frontier Worker visa.

Who can qualify for the Frontier Worker visa?

A EU, EEA or Swiss Citizen, who is employed or self employed in the UK can apply for this visa. They need to live outside the UK. They must have began working in the UK before the 31st December 2020.

What is a Frontier Worker Permit?

It will allow the applicant to enter the UK in order to work. Its valid for 5 years for employees and 2 years for self employed individuals.

How do you apply?

This scheme was launched in December 2020 and workers can apply online inside or outside the UK. There is no fee to apply for the visa and employers don’t need to have a sponsor licence. There is no criteria related to skills, salary or education.

Since 1st January 2021, EU workers are now included in the system.

From 1 January 2021, the current system of recruiting non-EU nationals has now been extended to include EU nationals. If an employer wishes to employ a EU National in their organisation they need to sponsor them if they don’t have status under the EU Settlement scheme. A business would need to obtain a sponsor licence in order to employ the EEA worker.

If you have any questions about this process or any other routes please contact our Immigration Solicitor at Taylor Hampton Solicitors on 0207 427 5970 or email us: [email protected]. We have years of experience in Immigration and experience in dealing with business immigration matters.