UK Immigration: Scale-up visa is now live!
The UK Home Office’s brand-new scale up visa is now live! This new visa allows worker to come to the UK to work in specific jobs if the organisation that they are working for meets certain criteria to be considered a ‘scale-up’ business.
How do I qualify?
To qualify for a Scale-up Worker visa, you must:
- have a confirmed job offer to work for an approved scale-up business for at least 6 months
- have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
- have a job offer to do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
- be paid a minimum salary in your new job
- meet English language requirements
You can stay in the UK on a scale-up visa for 2 years. Once the visa expires you can re-apply as many times as you like for 3 more years (5 years total) as long as you continue to meet the requirements for the visa.
What if I am a business?
For your organisation to be qualified as a scale up business it must –
- have a sponsor licence from the Home Office
- have grown by 20% in each year in either employment or total sales (turnover)
- have at least 10 employees
How does this differ from the Skilled Worker Visa?
This visa is different from the skilled worker visa as it allows for greater flexibility in movement as once a person is in the UK on the scale up visa, they will be able to move jobs without needing sponsorship again.
How do I get more information?
For more details, contact Leena Chouhan. 0207 427 5972